Thursday, August 27, 2009

Providence Elementary


Sam started school last week at Providence Elementary, and saying he was "ready" for Kindergarten is an understatement.

He walked in, introduced himself to Mrs. Searle (several times) and settled right into his seat. He has had his backpack packed for several weeks now with things like Bionicles to show his class, old art projects, his special crayons, a flashlight . . . you know, the essentials. (Yes, we did empty it on the morning of with some hesitation on his part.)

I was so proud of him as he walked into school. I beamed when he talked to classmates and thought I'd made the whole trip without tears.
Until, just after this picture of him on the bus.

He rolled his window down and yelled out:
"Mom! I love you!"
(pause)
"Did you say you love me back? Because it's loud in here."
(big smile and wave)




I love you back Sam!






{New shoes. These ones make him "run really really fast."




{Practicing his Kindergarten moves just before class.}

14 comments:

Andrea said...

What a sweet kid :) And fun pictures!

laurel said...

Kell, this post made me cry! It is an amazing day, to send your kid to kindergarten. I loved your photos and thoughts. Hyrum is so ready too. I am not! He starts next Tuesday. Sam's bus picture is so sweet, and tell him that cousin Wilson has the exact same back-to-school shoes! Fast and COOL. Love you!

Gabriel and Amber Spencer said...

Ah, my alma mater. Providence Elementary. Hooray Sam!

Stewart Family said...

such a cute story, we laughed and cried. (feeling a little emotional) That is so great Kelly. You guys have cute kids.

Emily said...

Oh, what a sweet post. I'm proud of you for almost not crying. I am DREADING the day I send Peter to Kindergarten. I will miss him so much.

Drew and Michelle said...

What a cute Kiddo... showing off his awesome moves in his awesome shoes!

Adam and Bri said...

i can't handle the sweetness of this post. i heart it oh so much.

and those moves in the last picture? come on!

love that sam.

Natalie said...

That is so sweet. Good luck at school, Sam!

Craig and Carol said...

Many first days will come and go but this one will hold a special spot in your heart. It brought tears to my eyes. Precious . . . we love your little family!

Laurie said...

Love the shoes and the story. Why do we/they have to grow up?

Sum Nerd said...

Love those kindergarten moves! I hope I can do as great of a job as you have in getting my little girl ready for the big time.

Katie said...

Wow! He is getting so big! What a big step to go to kindergarten. It's so nice to hear those words: "I love you!" Lizzie is starting pre school this year, and that is hard enough. Love you and your darling family! xooxoxo

Julie said...

I love the bus yelling conversation. What a sweet boy. They grow up too fast!

Janna said...

Oh gosh. So, so so cute.